Mr. Kovacevich, who will reach Wells' mandatory retirement age of 65 on Oct. 30, has emerged as one of the few remaining wise men in the top tier of American banking.
Viewpoint: Wells-Citi Deal — Revenge for Kovacevich?
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
Grow and Attract the Digital GenerationSPONSOR CONTENT
This feature displays payments industry news and analysis from American Banker sibling brand PaymentsSource. Registration is required; for more information contact customer service.