With the approval of a bankruptcy judge, the borrower would make only principal payments and no interest on a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac mortgage for five years.
FHFA Mulling Zero-Interest Loans for Bankrupt Borrowers
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app