The bank's holding company, TCF Financial, said Wednesday that following "multiple layers" of interviews and surveys with its customers, bank officials have decided to do away with monthly maintenance fees on its retail checking accounts.
TCF Bank Restores Free Checking
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues