The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has received mostly positive reviews. But complaints of inexperienced examiners and confrontational exams stem from the fledgling agency's effort to set itself apart from traditional banking regulators.
How Specter of Regulatory Capture Shaped CFPB's First Year
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app