In a new study, the CFPB and Education Department say student lending's path from growth to bust mirrored the housing debacle, and borrowers are still paying the price.
CFPB Sees Student Loans as Housing Crisis Redux
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app