Stiffer oversight of banks with assets of $50 billion or more will keep New York Community Bancorp, of Westbury, N.Y., out of the M&A game until a major acquisition comes along, CEO Joseph Ficalora says.
New York Community's Next Deal Has to Be a Big One, CEO Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues