While criticizing big bank bailouts, the former FDIC chairman highlights instances where small firms including United Commercial Bank and ShoreBank were closed even though there were alternatives available.
Bair: These Two Banks Didn't Have to Fail
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app