The Lansing, Mich., company has a confirmation hearing on Dec. 4. A delay could prove costly to Capitol's survival; the state regulator has threatened to seize the company's bank in New Mexico on Dec. 20.
Capitol Bancorp's Bankruptcy Plan Faces Ticking Clock
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter