The FDIC's third-quarter report on the health of the industry shows lending climbed upward, but reduced loss provisions and sales of existing assets are what boosted earnings.
Lending Is Up, But Still Not Key Driver in Industry's Earnings
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter