Bankers are raising concerns that a new Financial Accounting Standards Board proposal that would allow banks to set aside reserves for future losses is too open-ended and might result in banks putting too much aside.
New Accounting Plan Goes Too Far, Banks Fear
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app