The Columbus, Ga., bank is a constant subject of M&A speculation. First-quarter results suggest it could go it alone for a while, but accounting, capital-raising and earnings challenges may be hard to overcome long term, experts say.
Synovus Has Earned Its Independence For Now
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter