Dodd-Frank required mortgages with higher rates to face greater appraisal demands, but regulators have expanded the loans granted exemptions in a new final rule.
Agencies Ease New Appraisal Regime for Higher-Priced Loans
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app