The Financial Stability Oversight Council unanimously voted Tuesday to designate American International Group and GE Capital as systemically important financial institutions, the first nonbanks to be named to that category.
FSOC Names AIG, GE Capital as Systemic Institutions
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app