Senate Banking Committee members pressed banking officials about the significance of new capital standards at a hearing Thursday on the Dodd-Frank Act, including concerns that institutions will work around new rules and remain highly leveraged.
Big Banks Will Game New Capital Rules, Lawmakers Fear
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter