Executives at SunTrust hope higher interest rates eventually translate into more new mortgages and wider margins, but the hit to its refinancing business is forcing cost cuts and balance sheet adjustments now.
SunTrust's Struggle Crystallizes Mortgage Dilemma Facing Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues