Federal regulators have hinted they'd like to toughen the rules governing the way banks collect delinquent consumer debt. Making them stick would likely prove challenging.
Feds Eye Raising Debt Documentation Bar
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues