Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin finally found some capital after a four-year search, but that wasn't enough. It has filed for Chapter 11 as a way to get Associated Banc-Corp, one of its creditors and competitors, to consent to its recapitalization.
Wisconsin Bank Seeks Novel Rescue in Bankruptcy Court
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter