Higher costs offset revenue gains at Community Bank System in Syracuse, N.Y., in the fourth quarter. Earnings at the $7.5 billion-asset company fell roughly 1% from a year earlier, to $18.8 million.
Profits Slow at Community Bank System in 4Q
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues