A white paper suggests the CFPB is headed in the wrong direction by continually adding more "clarifications" — and complexity — in rules and regulations, suggesting the agency should focus instead on a clear set of guidelines for institutions.
How to Save Consumer Regulation
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app