Regulators slapped Toronto-Dominion Bank's main U.S. unit with more than $52 million in fines for violating the Bank Secrecy Act and securities laws in relation to a Ponzi scheme in Florida.
TD Bank Fined $52M for Failing to Sound Alarm on Ponzi Scheme
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues