The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's $1.4 million fine against a large third-party processor for debt relief companies proved that firms can no longer hide in the intricate debt collection stream.
CFPB Flexes Enforcement Muscles Against Payment Processors
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app