Revenue at Citi's North American retail bank fell 35% year over year and officials warned that lower mortgage originations and continued spread compression would crimp revenues in the fourth quarter, and perhaps beyond.
Citi's 3Q Results Reveal Lackluster Consumer Bank Prospects
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app