The CFPB has launched a review of the store-branded card deals that offer 0% interest during an introductory period, but then reset to a much higher rate if the balance is not paid in full by a specific date.
Deferred-Interest Loans Face New Scrutiny
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app