Industry representatives say the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's guidance puts the future of deposit advance in doubt, while regulators say they are simply urging better underwriting and risk management.
Banks: Deposit Advance Guidelines Will Help Payday Lenders, Hurt Consumers
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter