American Airlines and US Airways have argued that a planned merger will be good for "competition, consumers and choice." But days before the merger's closing, changes the airlines made to a popular credit card reward may end up having the opposite effect.
Amex Grounded as American Airlines Gives Citi Card Exclusive Perks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app