McWhinney, the head of Citigroup's enterprise payments division, is leaving the bank at the end of January to serve as an independent director for a Fortune 250 company, which she did not name. She said she hopes her move will encourage more women to serve on the boards of public companies.
Citi Exec Deborah McWhinney to Leave for Corporate Board Seat
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app