The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. on Tuesday proposed clarifying the insurance status of foreign deposits in a bid to quell international pressure about how overseas customers are treated in a bank failure.
FDIC Proposes Fix for Treatment of Overseas Depositors
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter