While regulators have given U.S. banks extra time to comply with a contentious 'push-out' rule, many foreign banks are unintentionally ineligible for the relief, leaving questions about whether Congress or regulators will act to help them.
Glitch in Swaps Regs May Penalize Foreign Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app