When Bank of America (BAC) announced a new deposit account with a reliable $4.95 monthly fee, some industry observers questioned whether the Charlotte, N.C., company could squeeze out a profit.
B of A Exec: Low-Fee Account Is 'Breakeven Proposition'
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app