The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is taking longer than expected to issue rules on financial products like prepaid cards, payday loans, and student loans but Director Richard Cordray sought to reassure lawmakers Tuesday the agency would address many of those areas within the year.
Cordray Defends Rulemaking Delays to Senate Panel
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app