A confluence of events, including the defeat of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, has increased the chance that Congress won't renew the charter of the Export-Import Bank. Private banks receive billions of dollars in U.S. support for loans made to promote American exports.
Export-Import Bank Fight Threatens Lenders' Backstop
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app