Last year's push by some lawmakers to rein in the big banks may have lost steam, but an imminent GAO report and committee leadership changes could give the issue new life.
Why the 'Too Big to Fail' Fight May Get a Revival
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app