The San Francisco bank posted strong growth in commercial loans in the second quarter, which may bode well for other banks that concentrate on business lending, but it wasn't enough to prevent questions about how Wells will be able to maintain its performance in the face of stepped-up competition from other lenders.
Wells Fargo Hears Footsteps of Lending Rivals as Earnings Streak Ends
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues