Citigroup issued quarterly results that pleased the market by simply not being as bad as they could have been. Yes, Citi spent $7 billion to settle a mortgage securities probe, and there are still more legal costs coming. But some segments strengthened, suggesting Citi may have hit bottom and has nowhere to go but up.
Citi Shows Promising Signs Amid Persistent Dark Clouds
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter