Although the landmark bill bearing his name stopped short of consolidating the regulators, former Sen. Christopher Dodd said creating a single prudential agency could be revived one day.
Merging Regulators Into One Still Has Merit, Dodd Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app