WASHINGTON — Federal and state regulators announced a settlement Tuesday with Colfax Capital Corp. and its subsidiary over charges it "lured" 17,000 U.S. servicemembers into expensive loans with hidden charges and withheld information on billing statements.
CFPB, State AGs Hit Defunct California Lender over Servicemember Scam
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app