The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is weighing whether to place further restrictions on overdraft programs after a study released Thursday revealed consumers who opted in for such services are paying significantly more in fees.
CFPB Considering New Rule on Overdraft Programs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues