Liberty Bank in New Orleans reached agreement a year ago to acquire First Tuskegee Bank in Alabama. But the deal has remained in limbo ever since, and it shows that buyers and sellers can take little for granted in bank M&A.
A Slam-Dunk Bank Deal that Can't Get Done
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app