Bankers and their representatives harshly criticized a call for the U.S. Postal Service to offer financial products like debit cards and remittances to underbanked consumers, saying it was a dangerous and foolhardy idea.
Post Office Offering Loans is 'Worst Idea Since the Edsel': Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app