Joel Lawson 4th, who has a 5.1% stake in Anchor Bancorp, said in a regulatory filing late last week that he is likely to submit a proposal at the company's annual meeting that the board hire an investment bank to find potential acquirers.
Anchor in Washington Facing Investor Pressure to Sell
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter