Regulators are expected to stick close to their original plan to establish how much the biggest banks are allowed to borrow against their total balance sheets when they issue a final rule on Tuesday. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for a significant twist.
Banks Brace for Even Tougher Leverage Ratio
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app