Fifth Third Bancorp said a drop in the value of a payments subsidiary, and higher legal costs, led to a 25% year-over-year drop in its quarterly profit.
Fifth Third's Profit Falls on Payments Unit's Decline, Legal Costs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app