SunTrust's efficiency decline in the first quarter overshadowed a 16% profit increase, underscoring how shareholders and others are thoroughly scrutinizing bank spending in a low-growth era.
SunTrust's Need to Defend Spending Shows Investor Focus on Costs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app