7 CUs Garner Awards Recognizing Shared Branching Contributions
ONTARIO, Calif.-Seven credit unions were recognized by FSCC (Financial Service Centers Cooperative, Inc.) for their individual contributions to shared branching in 2010.
FSCC, the largest credit union shared branching network in the U.S. with more than 6,500 network locations, gave the FSCC Globe Awards in two categories, "Exceptional Performance" and "Outstanding Service." The first set of awards is presented for exceptional performance based on the core system of the FSCC Credit Union procession on the FSCC switch. To be considered for these awards, a credit union must be processing more than 200,000 transactions annually. There were three CUs awarded recognition in this category during 2010:
• Altura CU, Acquirer Award. The online availability requirement to the FSCC Switch is 98.5%. Altura CU averaged 100% throughout 2010, processing 314,274 transactions for guest members at 13 locations.
• SAFE CU, Issuer Award. Online approval requirement of issuer transactions processed by its members on shared branching is 90%. SAFE CU averaged 100%, processing 213,512 transactions performed by its members on shared branching in 2010.
• Affinity FCU, Issuer Award. The online availability requirement to the FSCC Switch is 98.5%. Affinity Federal Credit Union averaged 99.9%, processing 416,092 transactions performed by its members on shared branching in 2010.
• SAFE Credit Union, Issuer Award. The requirement for percent of denials due to downtime at the FSCC Switch is less than 5% denials. SAFE CU averaged less than .10%, processing 213,512 transactions performed by its members on shared branching in 2010.
There were four winners in the Outstanding Service Award category:
• Highest Transaction Volume Outlet Acquirer: Patelco CU with 41 branches processed over 1.6 million guest members' transactions in 2010.
• Largest Deployer on USA Military Bases Overseas: Service CU with 16 locations, including two kiosks serving guest members.
• Highest Transaction Volume Issuer: Digital CU, 848,036 transactions processed by its members on shared branching in 2010.
• Single Highest Transaction Volume Outlet: Arrowhead CU's Chino, Calif., branch, which processed 184,763 guest members' transactions.
FSCC also recognized the contributions made by two of its partners providing services to credit union members using shared branching and custom services to credit unions participating on shared branching.
PSCU "Total Member Care" was awarded the Partner Recognition Award for its call center, which processed more than 3.45 million transactions in 2010.
CU Wireless received the Partner Recognition Award for the most innovative partner in 2010. Two examples of its innovative contributions were custom mobile text banking and MyCUAnywhere mobile text banking.