Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Hershey Federal Credit Union, Hershey, Penn., has a goal of raising $7,000 to assist the Susquehanna Service Dogs.
* Eastern Financial Florida Credit Union, Miramar, Fla., held its 2nd Annual Swing for Kids golf tournament and raised more than $58,000 for children's charities.
* Corporate Central Credit Union, Hales Corners, Wis., sponsored a reception and entertainment by The Capital Steps to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
* Huran River Area Credit Union, Ann Arbor, Mich., held free educational activities during National Youth & Money Smart Week.
* The California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues' publication, Credit Union Digest, received three Communicator Awards.
* Salt Lake City CU, Utah, made a $11,545 donation to the Ronald McDonald House.
* Jersey Shore FCU, Northfield, N.J., donated $500 to the Police Unity Tour.
Retail Employees CU, Atlanta, competed in the Corporate Special Olympics to help raise awareness of people with intellectual disabilities.
K of C Federal Credit Union, Springfield, Penn., awarded Meghan Fierko, Megan Rossi, John-Paul LeChevallier, Kristen Hardner and Mark Stratton, Jr. a total of $4,000 in scholarships.
Michigan State University FCU, East Lansing, volunteered and participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race for the Cure.
In Portland, Maine CU League Governmental & Public Affairs Manager Jon Paradise talks about youth financial education on WJBQ radio.
Rep. Kevin Coughlin joined members of Kent Credit Union's board for a discussion of the credit union industry and a tour of the credit union's new branch in Streetsboro, Ohio.
More than 43 volunteers from Navy FCU, Vienna, Va., celebrated National Rebuilding Day by restoring and cleaning up a group home.
Representatives from a Paraguayan credit union organization said goodbye after spending more than two weeks visiting credit unions in Minnesota.
Members 1st Federal Credit Union, Mechanicsburg, Penn., awarded Biannely Diaz, Rebecca Swanger, Shannon Forney and Michelle Dusel $1,000 scholarships.
Wescom Credit Union, Pasadena, Calif., helped sponsor the Hispanas Organized for Political Equality Annual Latina Action Day at the Sacramento Convention Center, with special remarks from Gov. Schwarzenegger.
E1 Financial Credit Union, Alahambra, Calif., presented a final $4,895 donation to the Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina Relief.
SC Telco Federal Credit Union, Greenville, S.C., made a $15,000 donation to the Victory Junction Gang Camp.
M/A-COM Federal Credit Union, Lowell, Mass., helped collect books to help underprivileged children.
McGraw-Hill Employees FCU, Hightstown, N.J., held a Take Our Children To Work Day, where more than 70 children learned about opportunities in the workplace.
In New York City, the Polish & Slavic FCU announced that the President of the Republic of Poland awarded the Gold Cross of Merit to Alexander Storyski.
Southland CU, Los Alamitos, Calif., participated in the city of Cerritos' 50th Anniversary Parade.