Credit Unions In Their Communities
* USA Federal Credit Union, San Diego, awarded $10,500 in scholarships to seven college-bound high school seniors.
* Industrial Credit Union, Bellingham, Wash., awarded four $1,000 scholarships.
* San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union, Calif., awarded Crystal Marich a $2,000 scholarship, and Kyle Hosford and Alicia Trigeiro $1,000 scholarships.
* The Credit Union Association of New Mexico, Albuquerque, held its Silver Star Golf Classic and Silver Star Gala and bowling tournament and raised $38,000 for University of New Mexico Children's Hospital.
In additional news, CUANM raffled a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and raised $60,800 for the New Mexico Credit Union Political Action Committee.
* CFE Federal Credit Union, Orlando, Fla., was selected as Federal Credit Union of the Year by the National Association of Federal Credit Unions.
* Tiffin St. Joseph FCU, Ohio, named Ashley Brodman and Lucas James Brickner winners of its $250 essay contest.
* Pacific Service Credit Union, Walnut Creek, Calif., donated $5,000 to Red Ladder Repertory Theatre's primary social outreach program for at-risk children and schools serving low-income populations.
* NuMark Credit Union, Joliet, Ill., held a Bank at School program at Laraway Elementary School to teach students about saving money.
* First Credit Union, Chandler, Ariz., participated in UCP Casual for a Cause and raised $2,700 to benefit people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.