Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Tucson FCU, Arizona, awarded Monica Arcoverde, Amy Lynn Heilig, Vanessa Moreno, Conor Botto, Monica Rodriquez, Anthony Teague, David L. Mart, Stephany Sanchez, Robert Malloy and Alyssa Grijalva $1,000 scholarships.
* The Pennsylvania Credit Union Association celebrated its 20th anniversary and annual meeting in Atlantic City, N.J.
* The Missouri Credit Union Charitable Foundation, St. Louis, donated $10,000 to "The Biz Kid$" television show to help teach students about managing money.
In additional news, the Missouri Credit Union Association's magazine received a Bronze Quill Award for its communications efforts from the St. Louis Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators.
* Sharon CU, Mansfield, Mass., awarded Thomas Bregnard a $1,000 scholarship.
* EECU, Fort Worth, Texas, donated $1,500 to Liberty Elementary School to help fund its after-school Spanish Club.
* Sterlent Credit Union, Pleasanton, Calif., is celebrating its 70th anniversary.
* DuPont Fibers FCU, Richmond, Va., provided free shredding services at its member centers to help combat ID theft.
* GenFed Federal Credit Union, Akron, Ohio, awarded Sarah Klima, Stacey Malick and Cody Steigerwald $1,000 scholarships.
* Apple FCU, Fairfax, Va., received the Virginia Credit Union League Visionary Award.