Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Telhio CU and Corporate One FCU, Columbus, Ohio, hosted the 4th Annual Girls Just Wanna Have Fun golf outing. Sixty women from credit unions across the state participated and raised more than $3,000 to benefit Children's Hospital, an affiliate of the Children's Miracle Network.
* CME Federal Credit Union, Columbus, Ohio, held a free, home buying seminar.
* Northwest Community Credit Union, Springfield, Ore., helped raise more than $7,000 for the Children's Miracle Network.
* Adirondack Regional Federal Credit Union, Tupper Lake, N.Y., awarded five scholarships ranging from $250 to $1,000 to students in math or business.
* Kent Credit Union, Ohio, collected 800 books for Adult Basic and Literacy Education programs.
* Mid-Atlantic Corporate FCU, Middletown, Penn., raised more than $7,000 for the National Credit Union Foundation and the local state foundations at its 12th Annual Charity Tournament.
* The California and Nevada Youth Involvement Network, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., awarded Kim Martin, Stephen Casale, Zachary Davis and Megan Atwood $500 scholarships.
* Community One FCU, Las Vegas, received a Freedom Award from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
* Service Plus Credit Union, Riverside, Calif., presented its annual People Helping People award to Officer Mario Cortez of the UCR Police Department.
* Wauna FCU, Clatskanie, Ore., donated funds to the Columbia Enforcement Narcotics Team.