Exploding Dye Pack Stains Workday AtArrowhead CU

Register now

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. - (03/20/06) – Four people were hospitalizedand a branch of Arrowhead CU was evacuated Friday afternoon after adye pack accidentally exploded. Firefighters arriving to the scenefound at least 15 people suffering from allergic reactions from thered dye, used to mark stolen credit union cash. The FireDepartment's HazMat team checked the building for furthercontamination and the branch was closed for the rest of the day. Noone appeared to be seriously hurt, fire officials said.

For reprint and licensing requests for this article, click here.
MORE FROM AMERICAN BANKER