Need An Excuse To Miss Work? Try These
How many reasons can workers cite for being out of the office? Apparently the list is endless, according to anew survey from AccounTemps, the temporary staffing company. Here's a look at how the executives replied when asked, "What are the most unusual reasons you have heard for why employees request time off?"
* "I need time to find myself."
* "My cat has hairballs."
* "The pool is broken."
* "I'm going to jail."
* "My garage door is broken."
* "I need three weeks off to travel Europe. Starting tomorrow."
* "I'm taking three days off to sing in the opera."
* "I'm going to be in a kick-boxing contest."
* "Our church is having a bus trip."
* "My partner and I need to practice for the square-dancing contest in town today."
There are some explanations employees should use only if they're accompanied by a letter of resignation:
* "I'm taking a few days off to start my own business."
* "I'll be out this afternoon on job interviews."
* "I need a leave of absence to try another job. But if it doesn't work out I'd like to come back."
* "I just got a new tattoo and need a few days to recover."